3 Health Benefits of Cleaning Upholstery Furniture Regularlystpsupport
Upholstered furniture easily absorbs dust, dirt, grime, pet dander and potentially harmful pollutants. Having your upholstered furniture cleaned regularly can contribute to a safer and healthier environment for your home or business. Learn about the benefits of upholstery cleaning with this information from ServiceMaster OneCall®.
Benefits of upholstery cleaning
While you might be tempted to clean your upholstered furniture on your own, you may not have the tools and experience necessary to do the job effectively. Here are just a few ways you could benefit from scheduling professional upholstery cleaning service:
Regular cleaning alone may not be enough to remove all the dirt and grime that could be hiding deep within the fabric or gaps of your furniture. Professional cleaning companies use industrial-grade vacuums to remove contaminants and allergens from upholstered furniture, which can result in cleaner indoor air quality.
Your furniture is a major investment, and each piece serves both an aesthetic and functional purpose. Having your upholstered furniture regularly cleaned is a great way to protect its value and keep it looking like new.
As hard as you try to keep your furnishings protected from stains and dirt, time can take its toll on your upholstered furniture. Dust and other pollutants can cause the fabric to appear dull or worn. A thorough cleaning can help improve the overall look and appearance of your furniture.
The upholstery cleaning process
At ServiceMaster OneCall, our trained professionals know how to clean upholstery the right way. We preserve the integrity of upholstered furniture by adhering to the cleaning methods recommended by the manufacturer. For maximum efficiency and protection, we pay attention to the appropriate upholstery fabric cleaning codes associated with each piece of furniture. Our upholstery cleaning service process involves the following steps:
- Fabric testing: Determining the type of fabric is an important step in deciding on the best possible outcome for your investment. We inspect and test the fabric on every piece of upholstered furniture to factor the most effective and safest method of cleaning.
- Deep vacuuming: We thoroughly vacuum all upholstered furniture before beginning the deep cleaning process. This step will help extract loose particles and dry soil from the fabric.
- Spot and stain removal: We pre-treat any existing spots or stains with specialized cleaning agents specifically made for your upholstery fabric. Pre-treatment suspends soil particles to make rinsing more effective.
- Expert cleaning: We use specialized tools and techniques such as hot water extraction to suspend and loosen any remaining soil. Our methods ensure fast drying and leave a soft and fresh feel. This step deodorizes and disinfects, too.
- Add Scotchgard: To prevent upholstered furniture from trapping dirt in the future, we apply Scotchgard. This waterproof finish protects against accidental spills, humidity, mold and bacteria.
The benefits of upholstery cleaning are undeniable. Whether at home or the office, the professionals at ServiceMaster OneCall want to help you keep your upholstered furniture clean and presentable year-round.
For the deepest level of clean, reach out to the team at ServiceMaster OneCall for more information about our comprehensive cleaning services. We know how to clean upholstery with industry-leading techniques and products to leave your furniture looking its best. Our cleaning methods are backed by over 60 years of experience, and we proactively inspect our work to earn your complete satisfaction.